Slow Fashion Brands Are Making A Comeback
Sustainable and slow fashion is returning to the glories of the past. Find out why slow fashion is the future
The seed of slow fashion that has been buried in the soil for quite a long time now seems to have finally found its way to the ground. Many new ethical fashion brands are showing up in the market, and the concept of organic clothing is gaining momentum as the world is gradually taking a turn towards a sustainable life.
What is Slow Fashion?
As it is clear from the term, Slow Fashion is the complete opposite of Fast Fashion.
Slow Fashion is an approach that encompasses the whole lifecycle of clothes, from the resources utilized to the processes followed in manufacturing them. The results are local based brands that creates high quality garments, produced in small batches.
It advocates for using natural items and following sustainable methods to manufacture clothes that have a longer life and leave a minimum footprint in nature, reducing waste.
The severe negative connotations of fast fashion brands made the comeback of ethical and sustainable fashion necessary to put a full stop to the explosive fast fashion industry and its trends.
Extending further, Slow Fashion also favours fair treatment of animals and workers in the textile industry.
Another Definition of Slow Fashion
Slow fashion is a term that describes clothing made by small businesses, often using traditional methods that are not harmful to the workers and leave zero or little footprint in nature. These are clothes that are made of natural items and last longer than ordinary apparel that comes from the lanes of fast fashion.
What led to the insurgence of Slow Fashion in recent years? Why is it so important for people and the planet?
The Rise Of Slow Fashion
Recent years have witnessed a spike in Slow Fashion trends. More and more brands are launching with the label of sustainable clothing, and people are reacting positively to the concept of Slow Fashion. Day by day, it's always more clearer what is ethical and sustainable in fashion industry.
The increased recognition of Slow Fashion is a direct result of the changing behaviours of the masses towards fashion and the acceptance by textile companies to follow less harmful techniques to manufacture clothes using natural materials.
Moreover, for the objective of creating a sustainable fashion future, it is mandatory for the world to follow the idea of slow fashion on top gear. What else made the world think about reinventing the fashion world is the severe damage that the fast fashion industry is causing to nature.
The Problem With Fast Fashion
Large-scale manufacturing and overproduction is the root cause of why there is an urgent need to discontinue fast fashion trends.
People buy more clothes than necessary due to the everyday changing trends.
The fashion industry grew more explosive for nature with fast fashion trends as companies started producing low-quality clothes to match the changing trends, using resources such as plastic, fossil fuel and water.
It led to the piling up of more textile waste in the landfills as people dispose of the cheap quality clothes only after wearing them a couple of times. With the comeback of Slow Fashion, the world is slowly learning to make more reasonable choices.
The sustainability-driven concept of slow fashion clothing is making people aware of how their shopping habits affect the planet and the lives of beings living on it. It calls for people to do more purposeful shopping and buy clothes only when required.
Why is Slow Fashion Popular Now?
There are several reasons why sustainability and ethical productions have become so popular in the current scenario of style and fashion.
● Number One - The slow fashion movement has made the world aware of how disastrous the fast fashion industry is and how it is poisoning the planet with loads of textile waste. It led them to make wise decisions, and slow fashion came up as the perfect way to kill the demons of the fast fashion industry.
● Number Two - More people are now aware that fashion that isn’t sustainable causes great harm to the environment. People now prefer to buy ethnic clothes made from natural materials that are manufactured through nature-friendly processes.
● Number Three - Sustainable clothes favour longevity, and it has become one of the most common reasons why people are focusing more on slow fashion clothing.
● Number Four - The increased awareness about sustainable fashion clothing has made people understand the need to buy clothes only when required. It’s a great technique to support the development of a sustainable world plus saves a lot of money.
● Number Five - The last and one of the most important reasons is that people have realised that buying from local ethnic brands that sell sustainable clothes is more beneficial for nature plus creates a better economy in the region.
What Draws The Interest Toward Slow Fashion?
Sustainable clothing or slow fashion fulfils a diverse range of benefits - it saves the environment, promotes a greener future, and reduces your frequency of spending on buying clothes.
Supply chains turned so transparent under the sphere of sustainable fashion.
The most impressive and interesting thing that came with the trend of slow fashion is that it made people think about the cost of a piece of cloth not just in terms of the price tag but also how it affects nature.
In straight words, slow fashion attracted the whole world with its impressive results on how it can reduce environmental footprint and how it uncovered the false claims of companies about manufacturing sustainable clothes.
The Benefits Of Slow Fashion Vs Fast Fashion
There are several benefits of buying slow fashion clothing against Fast Fashion, and you’ll be surprised to find out what they are. The sustainable fashion statistics speak clearly -
1. Sustainable clothing items are made of natural materials like cotton and are processed through safe manufacturing techniques that make them skin-friendly. On the other hand, fast fashion products are made of low-quality synthetic materials that are hazardous to human health.
2. Second, they are usually made with recycled materials that reduce textile waste, while fast fashion is all about overproducing garments than required.
3. Slow Fashion clothes are usually made from recycled materials. In comparison, fast fashion items are made from synthetic fabrics and processed with harmful chemicals.
4. Sustainable clothing is usually made by small businesses in developing countries that ensure better financial growth of a country.
5. The slow fashion clothing items are made to last longer, and they support sustainability at its peak.
How To Find Slow Fashion Products
If you want to find slow fashion products online, you should start by searching for brands that use eco-friendly materials.
Ad Hoc Atelier is the most trending online store to buy affordable slow fashion products and capsule collections manufactured by ethnic brands. All the products available on our online store are created by local craftsmen and brands that use only natural materials to produce clothes and other items.
The sustainable clothing items available on Ad Hoc Atelier are made of cotton that is grown using completely organic methods.
You may save a little in your pocket but can save the planet from the devastating impacts of Fast Fashion just by acquiring the habit of using slow fashion products.
“If you’re interested to know more about slow fashion and sustainable brands, check out these articles:”
1) “Slow Fashion Is Back And Better Than Ever” by Business Insider
2) “Why I Love Slow Fashion” by Refinery29
3) “The Rise of Slow Fashion” by The Guardian
4) “How To Shop Like A Slow Fashionista” by Forbes
5) “Slow Fashion: How To Buy From Small Boutiques Instead Of Fast Fashion” by Huffington Post
6) “Slow Fashion Trends That Will Make You Feel Good About Shopping” by Business Insider
Shop the article